An inspirational anthology from 30 Canadian authors who are Christian.
Imagine a group of Canadians circled around a campfire. They have two things in common: They’re serious Christians and committed writers. “Let me tell you my conversion story,” calls out Deborah Gyapong. Keith Clemons reads a short story and Brian Austin recites an original poem. Grace Fox shares a devotional piece. As the fire crackles and they sip their cider, all 30 speak from their hearts. That’s the concept of Hot Apple Cider—and it’s a good one.
—Cecil Murphey, author and co-author of more than 100 books, including Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story and theNew York Times best-seller, 90 Minutes in Heaven
Read Sheila’s three entries, including an excerpt from How Big Is Your Umbrella”, about the questions that plague you when life gets rough, along with more lighthearted looks on whether or not socks should match and why Valentine’s Day would be better if only her husband would smash the car. And you can watch the video linked to at the bottom of this page for more of Sheila’s “Umbrella” story!
But you’ll be touched by other Canadian writers, too.
- A middle-aged woman wakes up to discover her husband lying comatose beside her in the Australian outback.
- A young doctor questions God’s will after losing his devout grandmother to breast cancer.
- A lonely waitress stuck in a small town wonders how God could possibly use her.
- A missionary in Africa, dedicated to serving God, has a horrific car accident that leaves him brain-damaged.
- A shy twelve-year-old girl struggles with the idea that God wants her to write a letter to the editor of the local newspaper telling people God loves them.In every instance, these ordinary people discovered that God was waiting to dry their tears and help them see His plan for their lives—a plan where good eventually emerged from the hurt and confusion.Hot Apple Cider is an inspirational anthology by 30 Canadian authors who are Christian, including Carolyn Arends, Mark Buchanan, Keith Clemons, Grace Fox, Sheila Wray Gregoire and Denyse O’Leary. They’ve learned that dependence on God creates the character and insights that produce a deep, rich faith.The thought-provoking and honest accounts in this book will stir your heart and warm your soul. So unwind with a copy of Hot Apple Cider, and let the stories surprise you, make you laugh, and inspire you to have a deeper relationship with God.
|Hot Apple Cider|
You can purchase Hot Apple Cider, HERE, at my store.